1. Open Outlook for iOS. The icon looks like this:
If you don’t have it yet, download it from the Apple Store.
Note: Available for iOS devices using iOS 10.0 or higher.
2. First time using Outlook for iOS? Just tap Get Started.
If not, tap the menu icon the upper left corner.
Tap Settings > Add Account > Add Email Account.
3. Type your full email address, then tap Add Account.
Note: If you’re asked to select your email provider, you may have to set up your email account manually using Exchange or IMAP/POP (Refer Bottom of Page).
4. Enter your email account password and tap Sign In.
Note: The sign in screen may look different for you depending on your email provider.
5. If 2-step verification for Office 365 is enabled, verify yourself using the method you set up (6 digit code, phone call, or using the Microsoft Authenticator app.
6. Tap Yes or Allow to give Outlook permission to sync calendar, contacts, etc.
Swipe through the intro and you’re now ready to use Outlook for iOS!
Need help with Outlook for iOS?
If you want to set up an Exchange or IMAP or POP email account, use these instructions. If your email provider is Outlook.com (such as hotmail.com, live.com, etc.) or Office 365, we recommend you quit out of the app and start set up again to have server info set up automatically for you. To set up a POP account, see Set up a POP email account in Outlook for iOS or Android.
Set up an account manually in Outlook for iOS
- In Outlook for iOS, go to Settings > Add Account > Add Email Account.
- Enter email address. Tap Add Account.
- If you see the Select your email provider screen, choose IMAP for Exchange for Exchange ActiveSync or IMAP accounts.
- Enter your password and toggle on Use Advanced Settings.
- Enter the server setting information needed. Tap Sign In.
Note: If you don’t already know this info, you’ll need to get it from your email provider or administrator. For a list of common server settings and reference help, see Server settings you’ll need from your email provider.